Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall back

"Don't forget to turn the clocks back tonight. You get an extra hour of sleep!" I would like to know who actually gets an extra hour of sleep. It certainly was not me. Kids do not understand the concept. Actually, Abby wasn't really buying it either. Bill and I do not look at turning the clocks back as a nice thing. In fact, we call it "the longest day of our lives".

Catherine and Maddie both woke up at 6am - which would have been 7am to them. On a normal day that would have been great. Maddie was up in the middle of the night as usual. And so began our longest day. It's amazing what one little hour can do to your internal clock. I was hungry for lunch by 10:30am. I forced Maddie to take her morning nap and even wondered if we could get her to take three naps!

Bill & I decided that in order to get through the "longest day" we would each have some time to ourselves. Bill's alone time was in the morning. He took his truck to Sears to have new tires put on. While they worked on his truck he went fishing. My alone time was later in the afternoon. I was lucky enough to score food shopping as my adventure. Ugh!! It seems that a lot of people DID sleep late as they were all in the store late in the day. There were lines to get into the next aisle. The deli...oh, the deli! I grabbed my ticket and saw that I had #35. They were on #5!! I spent a good amount of time during the longest day in line at the deli.

We did survive the longest day but I really could have used that extra hour of sleep!

No comments: