Friday, October 24, 2008

Tricking a 4 year old

Catherine has REALLY been into fashion lately. She is very picky about the clothes that she wears and tends to refuse most of my suggestions. She spent much of the summer telling Bill that she did not want to wear turtlenecks. These turtlenecks that she was referring to, however, were actually polo shirts. Now that the weather is getting colder, turtlenecks are back on for discussion. My mother decided to buy a few new things for Catherine to wear to school. She is very creative about getting Catherine to do something. My mother had a talk with Catherine about the shirts one day while I was work. I was told that she had agreed to wear them.

Last night Catherine and I were having our usual discussion of what she'll be wearing in the morning. I told her that she could wear her new dress. She told me that she did not have a shirt to go underneath it. I said "Yes, you do. Remember that Meme bought a turtleneck for you?". "No, she didn't!".
"Yes, Catherine, she bought a new one the other day and you helped pick it out".
She replied "Mommy, thats not a turtleneck - that's a CHICKENNECK!!"
She went to school this morning in a lovely patchwork suede dress, tights, black flats and a pink chickenneck!

No comments: