Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monkey see....

It's amazing what kids pick up at such young ages! Recently we were in the supermarket and we saw a neighbor and her son in the same aisle as us. They said "hello" and we went on our way. This particular aisle was very busy and I was searching for a can of diced tomatoes (why do all of the diced tomatoes have seasoning in them already? I just wanted PLAIN). I finally looked down at Catherine and saw that she was holding up her middle finger in front of her face!! I was horrified because I had no idea how long she was doing this and how many other people had seen her. I calmly said "Catherine, can you please put that finger down?". She said "Mommy, do you know this finger can talk?"!!

I spent the whole ride home grilling her about where she learned this. She insisted that she had made it up. She will be a wonderful secret-keeping friend one day! Finally, when we got home she told me that the boy next door taught her. She is now forbidden to play out in the front yard.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Just wait until she starts riding the school bus!!