Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunny days....

Catherine entered a contest to win 4 tickets to the Elmo show. She did not win and I felt bad so I decided that we would take the kids to the show anyway. $56 on tix...$10 on parking...$10 on hot dogs & fries before the show...$5 for cotton candy. So, who cares, right? It's all about the kids having a good time. We lasted a total of 30 minutes at the show. Here are a few quotes from our family that night. I won't name names - what kind of mother do you think I am?

"ELMO!!!! I'm HEREEEEEEEE!"

"can I have cotton candy? pullleeeeezzzeee?"

"Who are the pink and purple ones?"

"NO! I don't want to dance. I hate Elmo!"

"I have to go potty"

"This show is BORING!"

"sit on your bum!!"

"NOOOOO!"

(at this point we are walking to the car)

"If we had just stayed in the boring show I wouldn't be so cold!"

"let's put them to bed. I need a drink"

And there you have it.

No comments: